To promote a safe learning environment, all persons who are consistently present on a GTCC campus are required to have in their possession a GTCC issued ID and present it upon by personnel.
you must get a new STUDENT ID
For all Financial Transactions Please click here for more information
Acceptable Forms of ID
(All documents must be unexpired.)
- State issued driver’s license or ID card with photo
- U.S. Passport
- Federal, state, or local government issued card with photo
- Social Security Card
- US Coast Guard Merchant Mariner card
- Voter’s Registration Card
- Native American tribal document
- US Military card or draft record
- Canadian issued driver’s license
- Military dependent’s ID card
- Permanent Resident Card or Alien Registration Receipt card(Form I-551)
- U.S. Citizen ID Card (Form I-197)
- Foreign passport containing a temporary I-551 stamp on a machine readable immigrant visa
- Employment Authorization Document with photo (Form I-766)
- GTCC Student ID*
*In order to receive a GTCC Student ID you must present two of the above IDs, one of which MUST be a photo identification card.
NO EXCEPTIONS. This includes replacement IDs.
Student ID Hours
Monday – Thursday 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
Fridays 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Summer hours are
Monday – Thursday 7:30 am – 6:00 pm
Fridays – Closed
Please contact the Greensboro Campus at 334.4822 ext. 53070 for their hours.
8 am – 7 pm Monday – Thursday
8 am – 12 noon Friday
H1 Lobby, Main Desk
336-454-1126 ext. 55055
Aviation & Cameron Campus
Student IDs are obtained on the Aviation and Cameron Campus during the first week of school. Please check your building monitors for times and dates.
The first student ID is free. If you need a replacement ID you must first pay $5 at the cashiers office and bring the receipt as proof of purchase.
Online students are not required to have a GTCC student ID. However, a government issued photo ID will be required to process academic record and financial transactions with the college. If you need a student ID for financial aid purposes, please see the above information as it applies to online students as well.