Graduation applications will be accepted each semester.
March 31, 2018, is the deadline if you plan to participate in the May commencement.
The dates are as follows:
Participation in Commencement Ceremony – application deadline for all graduates (Fall, Spring, and Summer potential graduates that plan to walk in the May commencement ceremony: March 31, 2018
- Fall 2017 participating in the May ceremony -Extended through November 30, 2017
- Spring 2018 graduates participating in the May ceremony -March 31, 2018
- Summer 2018 graduates not participating in the May ceremony -July 12, 2018
All completed Graduation Applications should be turned in to the Records Office on the Jamestown Campus (Medlin Campus Center, 2nd Floor, Enrollment Services front counter) or to the Advising Center on the Greensboro, High Point or Aviation Campus after the graduation audit has been conducted by the student’s faculty advisor and the graduation fee has been paid.
Date: May 10, 2018
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Location: Greensboro Coliseum
Please click on the link below to download your graduation packet. Please read thoroughly.
- Complete the required final program hours with a 2.0 GPA.
- 25% of your required program hours, 33% of your major coursework and your final semester must be completed at GTCC.
- Pay all outstanding debts to GTCC.
- Apply for graduation by the published deadline in order to participate in the May ceremony.
How to Apply for Graduation:
- Please print your Graduation Packet (online) and program evaluation via WebAdvisor Application for Certificate (PDF)
Instructions for E-Degree Students (PDF)
- Meet with your assigned Faculty Coach, Program Department Chair, Program Director or Student Success Coach.
- Pay the graduation fee at the Cashier’s Office. $35 per degree/diploma, $10 for 2nd award, additional application required $10 per duplicate and $5 per certificate. The Jamestown Campus (Medlin Campus Center, 2nd Floor), or to the Greensboro Campus Cashier (CEC Bldg, Rm 136), or the High Point Campus Cashier (H2 Bldg).
- Return your completed and signed graduation application, program evaluation and payment receipt to the Records Office on the Jamestown Campus or to the Student Success Center on the Greensboro, High Point, Aviation, or Cameron Campus.
Attending the Commencement Ceremony
- Please retain your payment receipt until you have your degree.
- The cost of your cap and gown is included in the graduation fee. Refer to the graduation packet to order your cap and gown.
- You may pick up your cap and gown at the Bookstore Grad Fair, Thursday, April 26, 2018, and Friday, April 27, 2018, or anytime afterward through May 9, 2018. See the GTCC Bookstore Grad Fair flyer for times. You must present your paid graduation receipt when you claim your cap and gown.
- Diplomas, degrees and certificates are awarded after each semester. Commencement is held only in May.
- If you choose not to attend the ceremony you may pick up your degree or diploma from the Records Office at the Jamestown campus during regular office hours any weekday after 12:00 p.m. on the day following Commencement. Upon request, the Registrar will mail your degree or diploma if you live more than one hour from the Jamestown campus. Please notify the Records Office of any change of address.
- Fall and summer graduates will receive notification via Titan Live E-mail when their degree/diploma is available for pick up. Fall graduates may pick up their degree/diploma in January and summer graduates may pick them up in August.
Graduation Packet Click here to download
For further assistance, please contact an Information Assistant at (336)-334-4822