International Student Admissions Application Process
- APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION (Do not complete the online application. If you have, please let us know. Otherwise, complete the paper application in this packet.) &
NON-REFUNDABLE APPLICATION FEE: $40.00
- RDS WEBSITE Please go to the link www.ncresidency.org
- ACADEMIC RECORDS:
- A High School Diploma is required, no exceptions.
- A certified copy of the original educational record/transcripts, to include all previous academic experiences is required. If the original copy of this record is written in a language other than English, then a certified copy of an English translation is required.
- Transfer Credit: Transfer credit for international transcripts can be granted once their international transcripts have been verified by a recognized translation entity such as World Education Services (WES). If you have US college credit we will need those transcripts as well.
- ENGLISH PROFICIENCY: One of the following requirements are acceptable.
- Your country of citizenship is an English speaking country. Verified by PDSO.
- TOEFL: The Test Of English as a Foreign Language is required of all applicants, except those from countries where English is the only official language, or the applicant is a transfer student from an accredited U.S. college or institution with English transfer credit. The minimum acceptable TOEFL score of score of 65+. School Code: 5275—We must receive official copies of the scores.
- Academic International English Language Testing System (Academic IELTS) – Before entering a full-time academic (college) program, a student is required to have a minimum Academic IELTS score of 6.5 overall band score.
- Completion of a Language School— You must complete all levels of the language school-no exceptions.
- AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT:
- A completed Form I-134 and/or GTCC Financial Certificate signed and notarized signature on financial resource statement is required of all applicants.
- The supporter must provide an official letter from his/her banking institution giving information on the types of account (s), balance (s) and length of time he/she has been banking with the institution.
- A bank statement dated within the last 90 days.
- A minimum of $15,000.00 in supporter’s bank account annually.
- A minimum of $4,000 deposit upon admission to the college.
- REPORT OF MEDICAL HISTORY:
- A completed statement of medical history signed by a practicing physician is necessary. Use provided medical form.
- A record of updated immunization history is also needed. If you have not had all required immunizations, you will be required to have them prior to acceptance.
- TRANSFER CLEARANCE:
- A Transfer Clearance Form must be completed by all students who are currently residing in the United States for the purpose of attending school. The last authorized institution attended must complete this form. A copy of your I-20 is also required.
- PASSPORTS/VISAS/I-94: We must have copies of your passport, visa, and I-94.
*Upon receipt of all items listed above, an admission decision will be made and the applicant will be notified as soon as possible. If the decision is a positive one, then a U.S. Department of Justice Form I-20 A-B Certification of Eligibility will be prepared and forwarded with a formal acceptance letter.
General Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Phone: 336-334-4822 or 336-454-1126 ext. 50076
Fax Number: 336-819-2045
* All items requested must be official. For Change of Status, you would have to complete the I-539 form in addition to including these items and other required items.
* GTCC does not issue an I-20 (Student Visa) for students attending ESL/ESOL classes only. ESL classes are available through the Continuing Education Program. ESOL classes are free of charge.