New Student Orientation
Summer & Fall is Open!
- Placement Testing must be completed prior to attending orientation if it is necessary
- Pre-Orientation must be completed prior to registering for an orientation date – go to http://success.gtcc.edu to see all steps
- Registration for sessions is mandatory and we do not accept walk-ins. To register go to http://orientation.gtcc.edu
- Orientation dates are released monthly and are subject to cancellation due to low enrollment.
Orientation Contact Information
- 336-334-4822 ext. 52858
- General Questions – email@example.com
- Online Orientation Questions – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director of Student Success Center – Carolyn Salanger
- Orientation Coordinator – Anya Michael
- Orientation Leaders – Trudy Smart, Aletta Smith, and Jeanne Uwimbabazi
New Student Orientation is required for all students (on-campus and online) who are:
- Attending college for the first time
- Attending GTCC for the first time, but have previous college experience
- Returning to GTCC after an absence of more than two years
New Student Orientation is not required for students who:
- Have completed a bachelor’s degree or higher
- Are enrolled at GTCC as Special Credit students (taking courses but not completing a program at GTCC)
Face-to-Face New Student Orientation Information:
Every new student must complete Pre-Orientation
We offer face-to-face orientation sessions and online sessions. These are available to all new students
We offer face to face sessions at all campuses. The options provided to you are based on the location from which your program you selected.
Orientation Dates (click here)
Registration for summer and Spring 2017 is now open. To start your process, please go to the following website http://success.gtcc.edu
Online New Student Orientation Information:
Mandatory Advising is required If you have been placed into DRE 096, 097, or 098 after placement testing:
- Have DRE 096, 097, 098 requirements after placement testing
- Advising can be done by contacting Anya Michael at ext. 50364 or ext. 52858
- Students will see the option to register for Online New Student Orientation
After successful completion of the online New Student Orientation exam, please allow up to one business day for your orientation hold to be removed if mandatory advising is not required. You may register for classes only after orientation hold has been removed from your student account.
Some restrictions apply; please contact email@example.com for more information.
Please include the following information with your requests:
- Your full name
- Student ID# (if you have one)
- Contact phone number
- A brief statement detailing the nature of your question/request.