Records FAQs

When is registration?

Registration is conducted three times a year. Currently enrolled students are given the opportunity to register prior to new students and special credit (non-degree seeking) students. The registration calendar is available in the college catalog.

Who is my advisor? How do I find my advisor?

Student Success Centers are located on each of GTCC’s campuses to assist students.

How do I drop/add a class?

Students may drop or add classes during the scheduled drop/add period, 2 – 4 days. During this time, a signature is not needed. After the drop/add period, the signature of the instructor of the class to be dropped or added is required. Department Chair signature is also required to add a class after the drop/add period.

When is the last day to drop a class?

The last day to drop a class is the 5/8 point of the semester/term. The 5/8 point of the semester is approximately ten weeks into the semester and approximately six weeks into the summer term.

How can I get a copy of my schedule?

The student’s schedule is listed on the pink cashier receipt that is issued upon payment of classes. If for any reason this pink receipt is not accessible or lost the student may print a schedule and bill from WebAdvisor.

What is the “HOLD” on my record?

Information relative to a “HOLD” status is located on WebAdvisor.

Can you tell me if space is available in a certain class?

Availability of classes may be obtained via WebAdvisor.

How can I get a copy of my transcript?

All requests for transcripts must be received in writing. The student may come to the Records Office and complete a Transcript Request Form or may send/bring in a hand written request. The request should contain: the student’s social security number, daytime telephone number where they can be reached in case there are any questions, year(s) of attendance, program of study, name and address of where the transcript is to be mailed and must be signed and dated by the student. All transcripts are $5.00 each.

Methods of payment are: money order, cashier’s check, credit card* or cash.
Checks are no longer accepted for transcripts.

*No credit cards will be accepted over the phone or by mail.
Credit card payments can only be accepted in person.

Official transcripts are available for pick up only at the Jamestown campus, please check the Cashier’s Office hours of operation if you plan to pay for and pick up an official transcript in person.

Can you give me verification of enrollment?

Yes, verification of enrollment may be obtained by contacting the National Student Clearinghouse at The student may come to the Enrollment Service Counter and a form will be completed indicating the current enrollment status.

Last updated 8/4/14