Testing Center | Services
The Assessment Centers on each campus offer a variety of testing services for our students and community. The Jamestown campus offers all general and special testing services, while the Greensboro and High Point campuses offers general testing only. Please read below for a brief description of each of the services offered.
- Placement Testing – GTCC administer the NC DAP test, COMPASS, ASSET, and TABE. Please note that if you wish to take the placement test and transfer if to another institution (without completing any classes at GTCC) that there is a $5.00 fee. Applicants to GTCC must have a testing card in order to test, which is obtained from an Admissions Advisor in the Enrollment Services. HOURS
- Faculty Make-Up Testing – GTCC offers proctored testing for students who are currently registered in GTCC coursework. Please note that entire classes will not be admitted at the same time and that this service is for individual make-up tests or for online/web-enhanced classes. HOURS
- ADA Accommodations Testing – GTCC offers special testing accommodations for students needing separate quiet rooms for testing, or the use of a CCTV to enhance their testing experience. Please note that this service is available by appointment only. Please call (336) 334 4822 ext.50017 or ext.50574 to setup your appointment. HOURS.
- Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS®)
- The College Level Examination Program (CLEP®)
- Correspondence Testing
Praxis Practice – The Assessment Center on the Jamestown Campus offers Praxis Practice Exams, through our partnership with UNCG. Please call to schedule an appointment or for more information about the Praxis Practice Exams we offer.
Please note that the Assessment Center follows the campus closing schedule. For testing at other locations, please contact those campuses to request an appointment.