Incoming Transcripts

Students are responsible for requesting transcripts from other institutions they have attended, including High Schools, the College Board, Colleges and Universities. Please download the Transcript Request Form for other academic institutions (PDF).

To view transcripts requested by GTCC and to view the status of transcripts you have already submitted, please click here.

Official transcripts must be appropriately “sealed” by the school where the credits were earned. Sealed transcripts may be hand-delivered to GTCC faculty and staff or mailed to the following address:

Guilford Technical Community College
P. O. Box 309
Jamestown, North Carolina 27282

Once received, transcripts for students applying for a degree, diploma, or certificate will be evaluated. Approved transfer credits will be assigned to the student’s academic record as appropriate.

Any questions concerning incoming transcripts may be directed to:

Renetta Smith (336) 334-4822 ext: 50354 or

Duane L. Boone
Document Management Technician
Medlin Campus Center, Rm 205
Ext. 50161

If your institution sends encrypted electronic transcripts, have them be sent to

International Transcripts – Students are advised to submit their record of courses to an agency recognized by NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluating Services) for an international evaluation.

Outgoing Transcripts

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) safeguards your records. Therefore, your records will not be available to others outside the college without your written consent.

Enrollment Services does not process GED transcripts. If you earned a GED in North Carolina, please contact the NC GED office to obtain your GED transcript.

Enrollment Services processes adult high school transcripts, placement test scores and degree/diploma/certificate transcripts.

Transcripts may be requested online, by mail or in person.

There is $5 fee per transcript requested and will be processed in two business days. Personal checks are not an acceptable form of payment.

To request a transcript online: Log into WebAdvisor, complete the online request form and follow the online payment instructions. Note that former students who have not enrolled for over two years may need to request the transcript by mail or in person.

To request a transcript by mail: Please download, print and complete the Transcript Request Form. Mail-in requests require payment via money order only. Cash and personal checks cannot be accepted with mail-in requests.

Official transcripts must be appropriately “sealed” by the school where the credits were earned.

To request a transcript in person: Complete the Transcript Request Form and take it along with your payment to the Jamestown, Greensboro or High Point Cashiers Office. Please click the following link for the hours for each location: Cashiers Hours of Operation. When paying in person, GTCC accepts cash, money orders and the following credit cards: American Express, Discover, MasterCard and Visa. We can only accept debit cards with Visa or MasterCard logos. Two forms of ID are required for all financial transactions.

Please Note:

GTCC cannot release transcripts on file from other institutions.

If your transcripts are under a previous maiden/married name, please list all names. Please indicate on the request form if you are requesting an adult high school transcript, placement test scores or a degree/diploma/certificate transcript.

Transcripts can not be issued if there are any outstanding financial obligations to the school.

For further assistance, please call (336) 334-4822 to speak with an Information Assistant.